Influenster

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heard it in a love song...

Do you ever hear music on the radio that totally speaks to you?  For me, it happens all the time.  I can relate almost any song to a certain situation in my life.  Lots of times, it has something to do with love.  There are several people in my life that I truly love...maybe they know it, maybe they don't, and maybe they don't care.  I just felt like sharing some of the lyrics that cause an emotional disturbance in me, for one reason or another.

Joey by Sugarland

What if I said no?
What if we never fell in love?
What if we'd gone slow, or a little bit faster and broken up?
Would I know this hurt?
Would I feel this pain?
Do you know that with all I have left in my very last breath I will call your name?
Joey, I'm so sorry.

Breakdown by Seether

And I'm the one you can never trust
'cause wounds are ways to reveal us
And yeah I could have tried and devoted my life to both of us
But what a waste of my time when the world we have is yours

So break me down if it makes you feel right
And hate me now if it keeps you alright
You can break me down if it takes all your might
'cause I'm so much more than meets the eye.

Already Gone by Sugarland (yeah I know...a lot of Sugarland)

 They say the first time won't ever last
But that didn't stop me the first time he laughed
All my friends tried to warn me the day that we met
"Girl, don't you lost your heart yet"
But his dark eyes dared me with danger
And sparks fly like flame to a paper
Fire in his touch burning me up, but still I held on...

'cause I was already gone.


By the way...the title to this post is also a really good song by Marshall Tucker Band :)

No comments: